Siepe is a rapidly-growing, Dallas-based technology services firm, specializing in developing software applications for firms in the asset management and financial services industry. Our mission is to deliver a single source of truth from which investment managers can find strategic, actionable insights to drive competitive advantage and business growth.
Our clients depend on us to make sure their data is clean, actionable, and available to drive important business decisions as quickly as possible after partnering with us. To meet their expectations and deliver our product to them as quickly as possible, business analysts specializing in implementations will be responsible for understanding a new client’s requirements, the sources of their data, the structure of our data warehouse, and the proprietary tools that Siepe has built to automate the loading of the most current data each day. As a member of the Siepe Client Delivery team, you will work closely with account managers, developers, other business analysts, and the client’s third-party vendors to design these automated processes. Our ideal candidates are intellectually curious, self-motivated, and ready to contribute wherever the need arises.
We are a profitable company and offer competitive compensation and benefits while also providing an opportunity for new team members to take ownership in a small-company environment.
- Understand client requirements, business concepts, and necessary deliverables at outset of project
- Create jobs using Siepe’s proprietary tools to gather, import, and manipulate raw data to fit within database tables that drive the client-facing application
- Coordinate with the client and the client’s third-party vendors to make sure the designed solutions can be scheduled to run reliably on a daily basis with a minimum of intervention from all parties
- Collaborate with developers and senior business analysts to adapt to complex or unusual data sets
- Use SQL to develop customized client-facing reports, pulling data from through the data warehouse
- Document key processes and handoff to support analysts upon conclusion of implementation phase
- Participate in project post-mortems to identify improvements to streamline future implementations
- Work collaboratively in a rapidly growing team
- Actively participate in ongoing development and maintenance of Siepe’s Knowledge Base repository
- Some travel to local client offices may be required
- Technically-minded, able to break down lengthy/complex processes into smaller steps while also understanding how each relates to the overall data workflow
- Enjoys working closely people, both within and outside of the firm
- Pays attention to detail and takes ownership and pride in delivering quality work outputs
- Adapts quickly in fast-paced environments, possessing excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, self-starter, and challenge-seeker
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, or related analytical field with 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
- Proficiency working with SQL query language in either SQL Server, Oracle, or MySQL
- Working knowledge of basic programming concepts
- Fluency with Microsoft Office software, especially Excel
- Capital Markets or Finance industry experience preferred