Siepe is an innovative provider of financial data management and IT solutions dedicated to helping asset managers navigate the challenges of today’s investing landscape. With over 90 years of combined industry experience, our team has developed an intuitive, managed platform integrating institutional best-practices across technology, services, and operational processes.
Our mission is to deliver a single source of truth from which strategic, actionable insights can be harnessed to drive competitive advantage and business growth.
Michael founded Siepe in 2012 after spending 14+ years transforming IT organizations and implementing best practices in the hedge fund industry. He has amassed a solid understanding of portfolio management, operations, accounting and technology and has leveraged those skillsets to architect innovative and cost-effective solutions for complex projects such as security master, data warehouse, order management, execution management and partnership accounting systems. At Siepe, Michael has designed a leading, comprehensive front to back investment management platform and outsourced solutions offering utilized by top-tier financial institutions for their complex decision making and workflow support.
Prior to starting Siepe, Michael served as CTO for Carlson Capital, CTO and co-COO for Highland Capital Management, and database and web development lead for HBK Investments in Dallas, TX. He has represented funds in over 200 investor presentations and operational due diligence meetings given his strong understanding of the business and technical background. Michael holds an engineering degree from the University of Tulsa.
Chris has over 20 years of management, finance and accounting experience in a variety of industries. He is an accomplished finance professional with a strong record of driving strategies, initiatives, and processes that generate dynamic gains in financial performance and operational efficiencies. Prior to joining Siepe, Chris served as Vice President of Finance for CoreLogic, Inc., a $1.3 billion publicly traded provider of B2B data and analytics solutions. Chris was responsible for finance, strategic planning, budgeting, cash management and risk mitigation for a $600 million division.
Prior to CoreLogic, Chris was the Corporate Controller at Radiologix, Inc., a $250 million publicly traded healthcare provider. Chris managed the finance and accounting operations, with direct responsibility for SEC reporting, credit facilities, budgeting and Sarbanes Oxley compliance. Chris is a CPA and holds an accounting degree from the University of Tulsa.
Interested in joining the Siepe team?
- A life-long learner
- Interested in financial services
- A team player
- Well organized
If so, we are always looking for great people and would love to hear from you.
Siepe is a rapidly-growing, Dallas-based technology services firm, specializing in developing software applications for firms in the hedge fund and financial services industry. Our mission is to deliver a single source of truth from which from which investment managers can find strategic, actionable insights to drive competitive advantage and business growth.
Our clients depend on us to make sure their data is clean, actionable, and available to drive important business decisions every day. To meet their expectations while delivering exceptional customer service, our Client Solutions analysts face interesting challenges in a face-paced environment and aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty working with large, disparate data sets, developing complex reporting solutions, and streamlining processes through automation. A good fit for our team is someone who is intellectually curious, self-motivated and can contribute wherever the need arises.
As a member of the Siepe team, you will work closely with Senior Business and Data Analysts to gain fluency in capital market concepts and insight into financial services operations. We are a profitable startup and offer competitive compensation and benefits along with an opportunity to take ownership in a small team environment, cater to flexible hours, and more.
- Research data issues involving large volumes of data stored in various systems
- Identify repetitive problems and develop tools to help with automation and troubleshooting
- Develop a working understanding of financial concepts related to client data and reporting
- Interact with clients and third-party vendors to address questions and resolve support requests
- Participate in implementation and testing during on-boarding of new clients
- Develop ad-hoc reports and scripts based on client requests
- Some travel to local client offices may be required
- Enjoys working with numbers and data in various formats
- Pays attention to detail and takes ownership and pride in delivering quality work outputs
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Comfortable communicating effectively (written and verbal) as well as working with a team
- Takes initiative and ownership of job responsibilities and performs duties accurately and timely
- Self-motivated, self-starter, and challenge-seeker
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or related technical/analytical field with 2+ years of relevant work experience
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
- Capital Markets or Finance industry experience preferred
- Proficiency working with SQL query language in either SQL Server, Oracle, or MySQL
- Fluency with Microsoft Office software, especially Excel
- Working knowledge of basic programming concepts desired
Siepe is a growing, Dallas, TX-based technology services firm that provides outsourced cloud IT services for private equity, hedge funds and financial services companies in North Texas and California. We are currently looking for customer service focused engineers to provide remote and onsite support to our clients. There is a heavy dependence on cloud based technologies with very little onsite technology; however, regular site visits are expected to maintain client relations.
A Sr Support Engineer must have an excellent understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology. They must possess superior technical aptitude as well as the ability to deal effectively with people in a wide variety of situations. It is vital that this role is carried out in a professional, courteous and friendly manner as they will be working very closely with our clients, some of which are high-profile, so being the face of Siepe is a critical component of this role.
They should be proficient in Microsoft Active Directory and able to create AD users, groups and group policies, as well as adding workstations to domains and managing file server shares and permissions. An excellent understanding of Microsoft operating systems and high-level understanding and working knowledge of Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 is required.
They will be expected to install, configure cloud based services and ensure systems are built according to our internal standards and documented procedures. Since our clients are in the financial services industry we place focus on availability of services, redundancy, security best practices and many other aspects.
As with all IT support positions, after-hours or weekend system maintenance will be required from time to time. With the wide range of work, the ability to prioritize and handle issues along with projects will be needed.
The position also involves supporting Siepe employees and systems at our corporate office in Dallas, TX.
Siepe will provide mentoring and training; however, the following skills would create a significant advantage for any potential candidate:
- Amazon AWS (setup, configuration, design and support of amazon based workloads)
- Office 365 Administration
- Strong Active Directory experience (including integration knowledge with Office 365/Exchange)
- Microsoft operating systems – Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 7, 8.1 and 10.
- Microsoft Office (configuration, setup, and management)
- Software Deployment
- Extensive networking skills (configuration and support, layer 3 routing, firewall configuration and rule creation, troubleshooting of network route and connectivity issues on the network layer)
- Polycom VVX phones and cloud VOIP
- Scripting – Batch files and PowerShell
This person will be mainly working together with our Head of Infrastructure on supporting our clients from the back end on projects together with providing 2nd and 3rd level escalation for issues where this is required.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone ready to gain invaluable experience on some of the most important cloud technologies in this space including Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Office 365, Skype for Business, Cisco Meraki, Ubiquiti Unifi and Connectwise.