Siepe is a rapidly growing, Dallas, TX-based technology services firm that provides outsourced cloud IT services for private equity, hedge funds and financial services companies in North Texas, New York and California.
A Support Engineer must have an excellent understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology. They must possess superior technical aptitude as well as the ability to deal effectively with people in a wide variety of situations. It is vital that this role is carried out in a professional, courteous and friendly manner as they will be working very closely with our clients, some of which are high-profile, so being the face of Siepe is a critical component of this role.
We are currently looking for customer service-focused engineers to provide remote and onsite support to our clients. There is a heavy dependence on cloud-based technologies with very little onsite technology; however, regular site visits are expected to maintain client relations.
We are a profitable startup and offer competitive compensation and benefits along with an opportunity to take ownership in a small team environment. (Please note, unfortunately at this time we cannot offer visa sponsorship or relocation assistance.)
- Work with our Head of Infrastructure on supporting our clients both as front-line helpdesk support, onsite client support and on implementation projects
- Install, configure and support local desktop applications in a Windows-based environment
- Recommend, design and implement configured solutions that will help to propel Siepe’s reputation as a high-quality IT services provider in the financial services space
- Work closely with senior leadership on opportunities where technical expertise is required during the client sales and business development process
- Proficient in Microsoft Active Directory
- Create AD users, groups and group policies with minimal guidance
- Ability to add workstations to domains and to manage file server shares and permissions
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft operating systems (high-level understanding and working knowledge of Windows Server 2016, 2012 R2 and Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 is required)
- Knowledge and experience with Office 365
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
- Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure cloud experience (setup, configuration, design and support of cloud-based workloads)
- Experience supporting and setting up Office 365 users, accounts, configurations
- Basic networking skills and infrastructure skills – eg configuration and support, firewall configuration and rule creation, troubleshooting of network route and connectivity issues, wireless access point setup
- Experience with Scripting – Batch files and PowerShell
- QuickBooks experience
- Bloomberg experience
- Software Deployment experience
- Cloud VOIP experience
- In-depth knowledge of supporting Excel and add-ins is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment
- Self-motivated, self-starter, and challenge-seeker
As with all IT support positions, after-hours or weekend system maintenance will be required from time to time. With the wide range of work, the ability to prioritize and handle issues along with projects will be needed.
The position also involves supporting Siepe employees and systems at our corporate office in Dallas, TX.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone ready to gain invaluable experience on some of the most important cloud technologies in this space including Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Office 365, Skype for Business, Cisco Meraki and Ubiquiti Unifi.