Siepe is a rapidly-growing, Dallas-based technology services firm, specializing in developing software applications and providing outsourced cloud IT services for private equity, hedge funds and financial services companies.
A Cloud Solutions Engineer must have an excellent understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology. They must possess superior technical aptitude as well as the ability to deal effectively with people in a wide variety of situations. It is vital that this role is carried out in a professional, courteous and friendly manner as they will be working very closely with our clients, some of which are high-profile, so being the face of Siepe is a critical component of this role.
We are currently looking for customer service-focused engineers to provide remote and occasional onsite support to our clients. There is a heavy dependence on public cloud-based technologies with very little onsite technology; however, site visits can be expected to maintain client relations.
We are a profitable growing company and offer competitive compensation and benefits along with an opportunity to take ownership in a small team environment. (Please note, unfortunately at this time we cannot offer visa sponsorship or relocation assistance.)
- Work with our Head of Infrastructure on supporting our clients from the back end on projects and providing 2nd and 3rd level escalation for issues when required
- Be the authority within the team on 2nd and 3rd level support issues in addition to providing guidance for 1st level issues utilizing your knowledge and expertise
- Recommend, architect and implement solutions that will help to propel Siepe’s reputation as a high-quality IT services provider in the financial services space
- Work closely with senior leadership on opportunities where technical expertise is required during the client sales and business development process
- Mentor, support and develop junior support desk engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience with public cloud technologies and specifically Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Office 365. (setup, configuration, design and support of cloud-based workloads)
- Experience doing Office 365 mail migrations using Exchange Hybrid setups and third-party services like Bittitan Migrationwiz
- Intermediate to advanced networking skills (configuration and support, layer 3 routing, firewall configuration and rule creation, troubleshooting of network route and connectivity issues on the network layer)
- Extreme Proficiency Microsoft Active Directory Services
- Have in depth experience building and architecting Active Directory domains from the ground up across multiple sites and trusts
- Extensive experience with all infrastructure services required to manage and support customer environments (DNS, DHCP, DFS, DFSR, GPO, NPS, Certificate Authority, Radius Authentication)
- Can create AD users, groups and group policies completely independently with no assistance or guidance
- Has an excellent knowledge of Windows file server (Build, Configure and Management of shares and NTFS permissions along with DFS/DFSR setups in very complex environments)
- Good Proficiency in Scripting – (minimum skills needed are Batch files and PowerShell)
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
- Software Deployment experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment
- Self-motivated, self-starter, and challenge-seeker
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401k Match
- Bonus Opportunities
- Learning & Development Program
- Referral Program
- Daily Catered Lunches
- Monthly Celebrations
- Quarterly Offsite Events
- Holiday Parties
As with all IT support positions, after-hours or weekend system maintenance will be required from time to time. With the wide range of work, the ability to prioritize and handle issues along with projects will be needed.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone ready to gain invaluable experience on some of the most important public cloud technologies in this space including Amazon AWS + Microsoft Azure – while bringing their knowledge and experience in senior levels of systems administration to help grow and develop within a forward-looking business.